In a time of great division, there’s one thing all Americans should be able to agree on: Dallas Police Chief David Brown has been nothing short of inspiring in the wake of the tragic events last week.
These 3 minutes and 45 seconds of his moving eulogy will bing you to tears. If not, there’s an 97% chance you’re not human. The remaining 3% who don’t cry simply don’t have tear ducts. Watch:
Chief Brown eloquently spoke of his love for Superman as a child, and how he believed cops were a lot like the man of steel, leading him to want to become one.
“I love superheroes. Because they’re now what I aspired to be when I grew up. They’re like cops. They’re like police officers.”
He went on to explain that cops are mission focused and always looking to get the job accomplished. The mission to accomplish now, he said, is to help these grieving families understand how to conquer this tragedy.
“What do we tell you all? Well, being a person of faith I always refer back to the Good Book. The Bible. And we have an example of how to conquer this tragedy. When the Good Lord was crucified and rose on the third day alive, He said, ‘Oh death where is your sting? Oh grave, where is your victory?’
Powerful words in the midst of immeasurable loss. He then spoke directly to the families, offering a simple yet touching message.
“Families, we love you. We love you with everything we have. We are now your surrogate family members. We’re your brothers and your sisters. When you need us, you call. Because we’ll not only be loving you today, we’ll be loving you always. Always, till the end of time. We’ll be loving you until you are me, and I am you. Always. Always.”