Black Friday officially marks the start of the Christmas season, with shopping, holiday music, and — most importantly — the traditional sharing of the nativity story all kicking up into high gear.
Amid the flood of impending holiday cheer this year is the release of renowned a cappella singer Peter Hollens’ new Christmas album titled, “A Hollens Family Christmas.” The record features a variety of well-known holiday hits, including a stunning version of “What Child Is This” — the perfect tune to kick-off the 2016 Christmas season.
It’s hard to do the song justice in words, so just watch the recently released music video for “What Child Is This” below:
In commentary featured after the performance, Hollens noted the clip’s aesthetic similarities to his 2015 viral hit rendition of “Mary Did You Know.” In both videos, Hollens is seen sitting in a church pew while he belts out his signature a cappella.
Check out the “Mary Did You Know” performance — which has amassed over 5 million views over the past year — below:
Other songs included on “A Hollens Family Christmas” are: “Little Drummer Boy,” “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” and “Amazing Grace,” among others.
“I’m so excited about this album,” Hollens said of his new music. “It means more to me than anything else I’ve done.”
Check out Hollens’ album and get into the Christmas spirit here.
Other Must-Read Stories:
– As Cop Clings to His Life, His Family Releases Powerful Message to the Teenager Who Accidentally Hit Him
– ‘Naughty and Nice’ List Exposing Companies’ Stance on the True Meaning of Christmas Shows Surprising ‘Surge’
– Hilarious or Sacrilegious? This ‘Hipster Nativity’ Scene is Causing Quite a Stir
– Here’s What Happens When Churches Don’t Regularly Teach From the Bible
– Man Born With No Arms and No Legs Is About to Deliver a Powerful Message to Inmates Across America