A Russian man has made an entire church out of snow and ice, with his kind act — one that took almost two months to complete — inspiring locals in Sosnovka, Russia, and capturing international attention.
Alexander Batyokhtin, a former construction worker, decided to craft the temporary house of worship for his village, a 45-day process that yielded a worship center complete with an altar, photos of Jesus and other biblical figures as well as a cross atop the structure, the Associated Press reported.
READ: Congressman’s Simple, One-Sentence Bill Would Entirely Dismantle the Department of Education
Check out footage of the stunning church below:
Batyokhtin, 41, told Rossiyskaya Gazeta more about how and why he embarked on the process, according to Russia Today.
“As soon as the first snow fell in Sosnovka, I prayed and got down to work,” he said. “First I created a draft of the chapel. I decided it would have 12 arches, in honor of the twelve apostles. Then I began to press the snow, step by step laying the foundation and the walls of the church.”
It was a touching gesture, considering that Batyokhtin’s village reportedly has no local church. Yuriy Kirsh, a local official, told the AP that the project “means a lot to our hearts and souls.”
And Batyokhtin’s mother, Tatiana, told Ruply that her son’s decision to craft the church was an act that followed “the voice of his heart,” as he’s a Christian who doesn’t have the means to travel afar to attend church in other towns or villages.
So, he simply decided to bring a church to his community in the simplest way he knew how.
While the church will eventually disappear when the weather gets warmer, that hasn’t stopped locals from stopping in to worship amid frigid temperatures.
(H/T: Associated Press)
Other Must-Read Stories:
– 100 Well-Known Evangelicals Just Delivered a Tough Response to Trump’s Immigration Ban
– The Bible Devotions Sent to Hillary Clinton During the Campaign Had a Particular Theme…
– SHOCK CLAIM: Planned Parenthood Has Abortion Quotas — and Offers Staff Pizza Parties if They’re Met
– Congressman’s Simple, One-Sentence Bill Would Entirely Dismantle the Department of Education
– Woman Was Carrying ‘Pro-Abortion’ Sign Until This Scene Stopped Her ‘Dead in Her Tracks’ and Brought Her to Tears