A popular Bible app has released the first-ever Christian devotional that uses virtual reality to help people connect with the gospel.
The creators of YouVersion, a Bible app that’s been downloaded 266,772,700 times (and counting), have partnered with The Octagon Project, a nonprofit that uses innovative technology, to release a devotional that gives users a truly unique look at the Bible.
Titled, “The Easter Story in Virtual Reality,” the four-day Bible plan offers users 360-degree video, allowing them to see every angle of the integrated videos — and there’s no need for a virtual reality headset to use it.
“You will be transported through virtual reality to the actual places in Israel where the Easter story actually occurred — from the agony of Jesus to his resurrection,” reads a description of the plan. “In virtual reality you will feel like you are walking through each site. And you can experience it on any device that is connected to the Internet.”
Bobby Gruenewald, founder of the YouVersion Bible app, said that the plan allows Christians to “experience the same steps Jesus took in Jerusalem” — an opportunity that gives an entirely different experience from simply reading the scriptures.
“We’re thrilled to leverage technology like virtual reality to help people become more immersed in scripture,” he said.
The Octagon Project has captured 360-degree footage in over 200 locations, offering both insight and a fascinating lens into the Holy Land. YouVersion said in a statement that “The Easter Story” is only the start of the app’s use of virtual reality technology, pledging to partner with The Octagon Project to create similar content in the future.
Be sure to check out the innovative devotional here.
Other Must-Read Stories:
– Islam Is About to Become the Fastest Growing Religion — Here’s What the World Will Look Like in 2060
– Did Archaeologists’ Discovery of 3,000-Year-Old Donkey Dung Just Help Prove Biblical History?
– Trump’s Chaotic Battle With the Media Yields One Shocking Statistic You’ll Want to See
– Watch Major Company’s Tear-Jerking Commercial That’s Being Praised for Being ‘Pro-Life’
– The ‘Powerful’ and ‘Unforgettable’ God Moment During This Year’s Country Music Awards That Everyone Is Talking About