Was Jesus Christ a “man, myth or God?” That’s the key question that’s explored in a stunning new infographic produced by the Barna Group, a polling group that focuses on issues pertaining to faith and culture.
Based on past data, the graphic presents a plethora of viewpoints about the Christian savior, offering a lens into Americans’ views on the Bible’s central figure.
Here are just five of the important insights revealed in the graphic:
1) The vast majority of the public — 93 percent — believe Jesus was a real person who lived on Earth. This is in line with what most historians have concluded about Christ’s earthly existence.
2) Sixty-three percent of Americans told Barna that they made a commitment to Jesus at some point in their lives that they still feel is important today.
3) With all that in mind, less than half of the public — 43 percent — believe Jesus “was God living among humans.”
4) And, last but not least, it turns out that the majority of people surveyed — 59 percent — believe Jesus will one day return to Earth (a biblical event known as the “second coming).
See the rest of the insights in the infographic below:
The graphic is based on data collected by Barna back in 2014.
(H/T: Barna Group)
Other Must-Read Stories:
– ‘God Had a Miracle’: Michael Bublé’s Wife Breaks Silence on Son’s Cancer Battle
– College Students Fight to Keep Chick-fil-A Off Campus, Fearing It Violates ‘Safe Place’ for LGBTQ Students
– ‘It Was Bigger Than Football’: NFL Star’s Incredibly Touching ‘DWTS’ Moment With His Dad Sparks Standing Ovation
– The Key Detail in Jesus’ Resurrection Story That Should Convince Even the Biggest Skeptics