New York Times White House correspondent Glenn Thrush issued some shocking comments this week about what he said President Donald Trump is “doing better” than former President Barack Obama — and his statements might make you do a double-take.
“I do want to give Trump credits on things. I think one of the things that I think he’s doing better than Barack Obama are these press conferences and his outreach to individual reporters, even for organizations like our own that he criticizes,” Thrush said during a Monday appearance on NPR. “We can’t fall into this trap of harkening back to the Obama era as if it was this golden age.”
The journalist then went on to say that Obama’s press conferences typically featured a “single piece of white paper” that had six or seven pre-selected outlets listed. Thrush said those outlets were generally pretty favorable of Obama as well.
But the reporter wasn’t done there, going on to once again differentiate between the two presidents’ handling of the media.
“I think Trump’s free-ranging press conferences … are a lot more democratic than the way that Obama conducted them,” he said.
Listen to these remarks below:
Considering the ongoing hostilities between Trump and the mainstream media — and, in particular, The New York Times, Thrush’s comments are both noteworthy and intriguing.
Other Must Read Stories:
– Evangelicals and Pentecostals Are More Prone to Persecution Than Are Other Christians — Here’s Why
– Bizarre Bill Nye Clip Featuring Talking Ice Cream Cones Appears to Make Fun of the Traditional Christian Stance on Sexuality
– How Much of the Bible Have You Read? Here’s How You Stack Up…
– Employee’s Powerful Encounter With Grieving Couple Shows Why Hobby Lobby’s Core Values Matter
– Ann Coulter Fiasco Intensifies as Conservative Students File Civil Rights Lawsuit Against Berkeley