Ohio police are crediting a five-year-old boy with saving his parent’s lives after they overdosed on heroin. On Thursday, the brave child walked about two blocks in the dark to a relative’s house, after finding his parents unresponsive and fearing them dead.
The Associated Press reports that first responders were able to use a drug-overdose antidote to revive the unresponsive pair, who were passed out on the floor of their Middletown home, about 25 miles north of Cincinnati. A three-month-old infant was also found unharmed in the house, and the parents are now facing child-endangerment charges.
This latest incident comes in the midst of a devastating heroin and opioid epidemic in the Buckeye State. In March, the Washington Post reported the surge in drug-related deaths was forcing local police stations to request cold-storage trailers from the Ohio Emergency Management Agency to act as overflow morgues. The grave situation led Governor John Kasich (R) to order limits be placed on the amount of opiates primary care physicians and dentists can prescribe in an effort to thwart the problem, but heroin remains much more difficult to regulate.
Other Must-Read Stories:
—6-Year-Old Treks 2 Miles On Bike to Get Surprise Mother’s Day Present
—NFL Star Unwittingly Leaves Lasting Impression on Youngster During Flight
—Proof Planned Parenthood Has Been Awful Since at Least 1952