Here are six ideas for you to use and invite others to experience the love of Christ in creative ways this Easter.
1. Experience by Watching
Make it a movie night! Grab some popcorn, invite friends over and host a movie night in your living room or under the stars in your backyard. After the movie, spark conversation using some discussion questions included here.
- “The Story of Jesus for Children”
- The “JESUS” film (available in more than 1,600 languages)
- “Magdalena: Throught Her Eyes”
- Gospel-centered short films (Pick a few of your favorites. We recommend “My Last Day,” an animated short film about Jesus’ death from the perspective of the thief next to Him, and “Falling Plates,” a four-minute gospel presentation.)
2. Experience Through Technology
Use these phone wallpapers to start conversations with others about Easter and to remind yourself of the hope we have in Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- The Easter Collection, “Anticipate the Resurrection,” is a series of quick videos that will help you share the Easter story and reflect on the life, death and love of our Savior. To access the collection, download the Jesus Film App for free here: www.jesusfilm.org/app
- GodTools equips you to confidently talk with others about how they can begin and grow their relationship with God, even if you’ve never shared your faith before. Download the GodTools App for free here: godtoolsapp.com
3. Experience Reading
Here are a few blogs that help start conversations about Jesus, His life and what He did for us on the cross. Help your friends’ experience too by sharing on social media or text them a post you like.
- “The Miracles of Jesus”
- “How My Husband’s Death Changed the Way I See Easter”
- “Rolling Away the Stone of Doubt in the Resurrection”
- “55 Old Testament Prophesies”
4. Experience with Others
Attend church on Easter. Are you already going? Invite a friend to go with you to church on Easter Sunday. You may consider extending an invitation to a church program like a Passion play or Easter concert and then have a conversation with them about it. Ask questions like:
- “Did your family have any religious traditions during the holidays?”
- “Where do you see yourself on your spiritual journey?”
- “Would you like to know God personally?”
5. Experience by Leading a Discussion
Not sure how to start a conversation about Jesus? Check out these helpful tips:
6. Experience Through Prayer
Get to know your neighbors by dropping off an Easter treat and asking how you can pray for them. Follow up with them a few days later to ask how they are doing. You might also use this as an opportunity to invite them to church with you on Easter Sunday.
And Always Remember…
Ask God for wisdom and guidance. Focus on the eternal truth we are pointing to – Jesus. When you are ready, you can use this resource to share the gospel: Knowing God Personally.
The goal of Jesus Film Project is to help share Jesus with everyone in his or her own heart language using media tools and movement building strategies. Jesus Film Project is committed to the vision of the Great Commission as laid out by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-20: “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age’” (English Standard Version).