Many parents are concerned about the growing number of attempts to expose young public school children to explicit sexual content under the guise of “sexual education.” With the rise of demonstrations surrounding the gun control and abortion debates, one group of parents have decided to make their frustrations surrounding the issue of sex-ed known through a “Sex Ed Sit Out.”
Christian mother and blogger Elizabeth Johnston, also known as “The Activist Mommy,” is teaming up with parents from across the country to combat what they believe to be an orchestrated effort to sexualize school children from a very young age, CBN News reported. The “Sex Ed Sit Out” protest will take place Monday, April 23, with events scheduled in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
“It’s been brought to the attention of some of us mothers that parents are grieved and increasingly troubled about the graphic nature of sex education,” Johnston told CBN. “Even as young as elementary school students are being subjected to this.”
If you are not a parent of a school-aged child, or if you are simply unfamiliar with the issue, here are just a few recent examples that highlight this increasingly pervasive problem:
- In 2012, parents in the small town of Onalaska, Washington, discovered that their children were being taught how to perform oral and anal sex as part of a state-approved sex-ed course developed by Planned Parenthood, NARAL and other progressive agencies.
- Last August, a kindergarten teacher in Rocklin, California, held a gender “transition ceremony” in class for a 5-year-old boy without notifying parents.
- In 2015, the Fairfax County, Virginia, public school board voted 10-2 to approve a gender identity curriculum, which included lessons about homosexuality and gender identity for students as early as 4th grade.
- In November 2017, a public school teacher in Cambridge, New York, was suspended for using the “Genderbread Person” infographic to teach 7th and 10th grade students about “sex, gender, and transgenderism, including hormone treatments, trans surgeries and how to stuff a sock in your underpants,” the Daily Wire reported.
- New York City public schools have “condom availability programs” that distribute condoms to high school students and even include demonstrations teaching how kids to put condoms on bananas.
“Most parents are very uncomfortable with the teaching of graphic sexuality and gender-bending propaganda in public schools at taxpayer expense,” Johnston told Faithwire in an email. “Furthermore, radical activists have begun teaching students to question their gender, thus placing an increasing number of students at risk for suicide, since 40% of gender-confused individuals attempt to commit suicide.”
She went on to explain why it is absolutely crucial that parents be aware of this problem and take active steps to combat the sexual exploitation of their children:
“Would you allow Planned Parenthood into your home to teach your child about abortion? Would you allow an LGBT activist from Human Rights Campaign into your home to teach your child about questioning their gender and celebrating families with two mommies or two daddies? No? Well, Planned Parenthood and Human Rights Campaign are working in concert to push graphic sex education and promotion of abortion in public schools across our nation, and parents don’t even know about it.”
Johnston added that if teachers and students can protest for gun control, parents should be able to fight to protect their children’s innocence. Parents, after all, have the final say when it comes to what, how and where their children are taught.
“We send our kids to school to learn reading, writing, science and history, not how to have sex without getting caught or inconvenienced,” she said. “Stick to the biology of reproduction or we will pull our children out of schools permanently.”
The Sex Ed Sit Out website includes a list of participating locations, a printable letter for parents to send to their child’s teacher or principal, and a petition to end sexually explicit curriculum. To learn more, click HERE.