See exclusive interviews, commentary, and take a deep dive into the stories we are covering: Subscribe to our YouTube channel FREE
A man has died and his wife is ill after the pair, despite not having Coronavirus, decided to drink fish tank cleaner because they thought it had the anti-malaria drug Chloroquine in it.
The woman, who has asked the media not to use her name, says she and her husband were afraid of contracting Coronavirus and heard President Trump mentioning Chloroquine in various newscasts. The drug, when employed by doctors in its medical form, has provided a glimmer of hope in early testing in cases of people who have contracted the Coronavirus.
Many major media outlets including the New York Times, CBS News, ABC News, Axios, The Hill, and others have taken this information and used it to create a series of headlines that leave the impression that Trump’s mentioning of the drug in a positive light caused this tragedy.
The President has not, at any time, encouraged people to seek out the drug in regular household products and ingest it without consulting doctors.
Please, always consult your doctor before taking anything you believe might help treat an illness. Pray for this family as they cope with this loss of life.