A South Carolina pastor delivered inspirational, Gospel-driven words just moments after his house was destroyed by a raging fire.
Sammy Smith, founder of Grace Cathedral Ministries in Piedmont, South Carolina, posted video of the inferno — which unfolded Nov. 7, just before Sunday services — on his Facebook page.
The shock in his voice was audible, but that didn’t stop the preacher from praising God despite it all.
“I’ve never seen nothing like this before, but my house is on fire,” the pastor said in a Facebook Live video. “The house is probably pretty much destroyed, but God got us out.”
The fire was reportedly accidental and, despite extensive damage to the home, no one was injured, WYFF-TV reported.
In a follow-up video posted to Smith’s Facebook Live, he spoke about the importance of trusting God, even when people don’t understand what’s unfolding.
“God’s will always has to be done. Sometimes, we don’t understand his will,” he said. “I just want everyone to know that God is good and that He’s blessing us. And it’s going to be alright. I always say He’ll make a way. Sometimes we don’t understand.”
Smith commended firefighters who put out the fire, though he said his daughter and godson lost all of their possessions. Still, he’s grateful for the kindness everyone in the community has shown.
“They were bringing up donations and putting them in my hand, and I felt their love,” he told WYFF-TV. “And I when I felt their love I became a crybaby, and it was something … not about the house, not about any of that stuff not about the clothes that were lost, not about the stuff — their love moved me.”
Continue to pray for Smith and his family as they navigate this crisis.
***As the number of voices facing big-tech censorship continues to grow, please sign up for Faithwire’s daily newsletter and download the CBN News app, developed by our parent company, to stay up-to-date with the latest news from a distinctly Christian perspective.***