A startling video shared on social media this week shows the moment an ice resurfacer exploded inside a rink in Lexington, Kentucky, as skaters were on the ice.
Employees with the Lexington Ice Center were replacing the propane tank in the ice resurfacer Saturday when a leak caused the machine to explode, according to WKYT-TV. David Christopher, one of the owners of the facility, told the news outlet no one was injured during the ordeal.
See the explosion in the video below:
“We had a propane tank that had a leak in it and that leak ignited and caused a little small explosion,” Christopher told FOX 56 of the incident, noting changing the propane tanks in the resurfacer is “a normal daily procedure.”
Incredibly, the explosion caused little damage. Christopher said that, just a few days later, it is nearly impossible to tell there was even an explosion in the space — an outcome he called miraculous.
Listen to today’s podcast and subscribe:
“We know it’s amazing that we walked out of a miracle with the way the room and everything, the machine and everything, the way it turned out,” he said.
The ice rink endured a much more serious fire in July 2021. That fire was also ruled an accident.
“We know we were spared for a reason,” Christopher said. “God gave us this facility years ago and we’re glad we still have it.”
***As the number of voices facing big-tech censorship continues to grow, please sign up for Faithwire’s daily newsletter and download the CBN News app, developed by our parent company, to stay up-to-date with the latest news from a distinctly Christian perspective.***