From music and movies to amazing stories of overcoming the odds, Faithwire has covered a plethora of inspirational circumstances over the past week. Here are 11 of the most uplifting reads:
1) To begin: An elderly Holocaust survivor has received an honorary high school diploma more than seven decades after the Nazis killed her family and forced her to stop her education.
READ: Newly Released Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Mysteriously Disappears — Here’s Why
2) A woman’s bold move during a recent carjacking has gone viral — and when you watch the clip, you’ll understand exactly why. Melissa Smith, 27, of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, made the split-second decision to leap onto the hood of her car in an effort to stop a man who was attempting to hijack the vehicle and drive away.
3) Need a quick pick-me-up? Singer Beckah Shae decided to give Ed Sheeran’s megapopular song “Shape of You” a makeover — and the results are pretty stunning. Watch it here.
4) Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg recently revealed the prayer he sings to his daughter every night before bedtime. You might recall that Zuckerberg renounced his former atheistic worldview back in December.
5) A viral video featuring a man’s emotional message of gratitude to his birth mom continues to tug at heart strings across the globe. “She gave me my life and I feel like the least I can do is let her live hers,” he said through tears. “I just wanted to say thank you for everything.” It’s a must-watch clip.
6) Emotions flowed during a funeral for a fallen Montana police officer last Tuesday, with the cop’s wife sharing a portion of a touching letter that he wrote her before his death — a message he wanted her to read just in case anything happened to him on the job. Grab some tissues before clicking.
7) And in case you missed it, Vice President Mike Pence recently revealed something that was missing from the biography that was read before his recent commencement speech; his decision to highlighted it certainly required some humility.
8) Moms have a way with words. Case in point: a touching letter one woman wrote to her baby boy in the wake of the Manchester terror attack. The stirring note opens with the loving mom proclaiming that her heart is broken, as she laments the current state of violence and terror in our world.
9) Does the term “faith-based films” actually hurt Hollywood filmmakers? There’s a fascinating debate unfolding in Tinseltown that’s worth reading about.
10) A loving mom who selflessly attended every college class with her quadriplegic son as he embarked on a successful quest to receive a Master of Business Administration degree was recently given the gift of a lifetime: a surprise MBA of her own.
11) And last but not least: Christa March found herself alone and isolated in her tiny studio apartment one day, pressing a steak knife against her wrist; she was convinced in that moment that ending her life was the best path forward. Luckily, her story didn’t end there.
Other Must-Read Stories:
– ‘Fiscally Absurd’: Hollywood Moviemaker Has a Blunt Message About ‘Faith-Based Films’
– Newly Released Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Mysteriously Disappears — Here’s Why
– 71 Years After the Nazis Killed Her Family and Halted Her Education, This Holocaust Survivor Finally Received Her High School Diploma
– ‘I Just Went With My Instinct’: Insane Footage Shows Woman Leaping Onto the Hood of Her Car to Stop Gas Station Carjacker