Pastor Shane Idleman of Westside Christian Fellowship in Lancaster, California, recently took aim at the University of Notre Dame students who stood up and walked out of their graduation ceremony during Vice President Mike Pence’s commencement address, calling the students “arrogant” and saying that the scenario broke his heart.
READ: Woman With Down Syndrome Delivers Powerful ‘Right to Live’ Address Before the U.N.
“Memorial Day is hard for me many times, because I know what the men and women, what they died for — that we would be one nation under God, not above God,” Idleman said during a recent sermon.
He continued, “And when I see college students walk out on Mike Pence … the same college students that would storm the beaches at Normandy, and then to see these arrogant college students walk out like they have the audacity to sit here and make a statement like that breaks my heart.”
Idleman cautioned that he wasn’t uttering his words to be mean, but that he believes someone must speak truth at a time in which too many pastors and pulpits are silent. Speaking biblical truth, he said, is paramount.
“These kids that know nothing — these college students know nothing about hard work and self-discipline,” he continued. “They get upset when the wrong person’s elected and they have to have special rooms where they can go and cry. God help us. Buy them a box of fidget spinners and let’s move on.”
In the end, Idleman said that silence is too often the response when it comes to modern-day cultural movements and happenings. But he believes there are consequences to the decision not to share the truth.
“To see a nation that was one nation under God now become a nation above God, and calling evil good and good evil — and we just wink and we turn around like it’s no big deal,” the pastor said. “Trust me: when you read scripture, it’s a big deal.”
Watch Idleman’s words below:
Other Must-Read Stories:
– ‘Fiscally Absurd’: Hollywood Moviemaker Has a Blunt Message About ‘Faith-Based Films’
– Newly Released Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Mysteriously Disappears — Here’s Why
– 71 Years After the Nazis Killed Her Family and Halted Her Education, This Holocaust Survivor Finally Received Her High School Diploma
– ‘I Just Went With My Instinct’: Insane Footage Shows Woman Leaping Onto the Hood of Her Car to Stop Gas Station Carjacker
– Woman With Down Syndrome Delivers Powerful ‘Right to Live’ Address Before the U.N.